Norfolk-based Tech Educators has partnered with The Bradfield Centre to support eligible students wishing to become...
Innovate UK to invest £1m in early stage design projects
Innovate UK is to invest up to £1m in early-stage design projects, to help businesses identify high-value innovation opportunities and generate ideas.
These should be for new products, services or business models that align with customer demand. Proposals should use design-led methods from first principles to understand customer motivations and behaviour, inspire new ideas, support decision-making and inform strategy.
Innovate UK expects projects to range in size from total costs of £20,000 to £100,000. Projects should last between 3 and 9 months.
Within the scope of the competition, Innovate is looking for applications that show:
- Ambition and a high likelihood of transformative impact
- Capability of the project team to deliver an outstanding quality of work
- Commitment to early-stage design process as a driver of innovation strategy
- A willingness to recognise and address innovation barriers within the business
Projects may generate and explore ideas about physical or digital products, services and/or business models. Projects may be in any technology or industry sector, though Innovate is particularly encouraging proposals within:
- Health and life sciences
- Manufacturing and materials
- Infrastructure systems
- Emerging and enabling technologies
– The competition opens on 16 January 2017.
– You must register before midday on Wednesday 15 February 2017.
– You must apply before midday on Wednesday 22 February 2017.
Read more here
Norfolk-based award-winning coding bootcamp to bridge tech skills gap in Cambridge and Peterborough
Mindset XR Innovation Support Programme Collaboration
UKRI and Innovate UK are looking to secure a partner to build and deliver a programme of Innovation Support for Mindset...
Norwich-based Treekly secure investment from Anglia Capital Group members
Treekly are on a mission to help people play their part in the fight against climate change, through the gamification...