Women in Innovation Series: Preparing for Finance
15th Apr 2021, 10am - 11am
About this Event
Innovate UK EDGE East of England is hosting a Women in Innovation series of webinars in recognition of the leading role women are playing within innovative growth SMEs. These webinars will feature all-female panelists who will share their insights, experience and tips to succeed in business.
On 15 April 2021 Innovate UK EDGE with the support of Barclays Eagle Labs are hosting the Women in Innovation: Preparing for Finance webinar.
Innovate UK EDGE Innovation & Growth Specialist and Scaleup Director, Emma Douglas-Beet, has been working with companies to help them grow for over 20 years. As part of this journey, many of them need to access cash to unlock their potential. Emma will take you through the different types of funding available, and how to best prepare yourself for equity funding.
We’ll also hear from Susan Lowther, Arecor Limited -Susan joined Arecor in 2019 as CFO and Company Secretary. She has significant experience of the life science industry, growing companies and executing M&A transactions – And Anne-Marie Perkins, Founder, Pottiagogo.com (Constable Group) who has been working with Touker Suleyman of BBC’s Dragon’s Den. Both panellists will be sharing their experiences of accessing finance and working with Innovate UK EDGE.
• Introduction from Barclays Eagle Labs – Benjamin Storey, Key Clients, Funding Solutions & Business Insights Lead, Business Banking, Barclays
• Introduction to Innovate UK EDGE – Helen Turton, Client Engagement Manager, Innovate UK EDGE
• Preparing for Finance with Emma Douglas-Beet, Innovation & Growth Specialist and Scaleup Director, Innovate UK EDGE
• Panel Discussion with Susan Lowther, CFO, Arecor Limited and Anne-Marie Perkins, Founder, Pottiagogo.com
• How to access Innovate UK EDGE support – Helen Turton
• Close out – Benjamin Storey
Innovate UK EDGE is a key part of the UK innovation agency’s investment in the innovative businesses that drive economic growth. It complements Innovate UK project funding with intensive, specialist-led support for such ambitious businesses. Each high-potential, innovative business in our portfolio benefits from the objective perspective of a dedicated innovation and growth specialist local to them. Our specialist considers a business in the round and, working closely with its leadership, identifies the most productive ways to accelerate its growth.
Organiser: Innovate UK EDGE