Organised by Innovate UK and delivered by Innovate UK EDGE, this GBIP consists of a preparation phase, 5-day innovation...
Opportunity: Cabinet Office Border Innovation
A Cabinet Office led pilot which aims to test new capabilities across supply chain security and technology that can provide greater assurance of goods crossing the border.
This pilot seeks to form consortia of ports, technology providers, freight organisations, public sector organisations and others who will collaborate and achieve the project’s aims and benefits, which could include:
- For traders: less cost and delays to trading due to fewer checks at the border for trusted traders and access to faster routes (e.g. green lanes).
- For ports: more efficient flow of trade through their ports, more predictability of trade.
- For HMG: greater security through more data and better targeting of checks, more trade facilitated/wider economic benefits which in turn lead to greater revenue collection for government.
We hope that this pilot might be of interest to you and/or someone in your department.
To engage in this pilot:
- Upon receipt you will be invited to a Consortia Building Workshop between the 7th – 8th February 2022 where you will hear:
- more from the challenge holders
- from similar pilots across HMG
- the process and next steps of the pilot
- from other organisations who wish to engage in the pilot and are looking for partners
More information along with an introductory video provided by the Cabinet Office can be found here.