Martlesham-based software and app development company Coderus created a groundbreaking tactical aid app which supported...
Norwich Opportunity Area – Community Innovation Fund (Drop In)
Norwich Opportunity Area has created a new Community Innovation Fund. The fund looks for organisations who can work with children and their families to think about their skills, interests and future goals.
Our aim is to explore the best ways to include parents and wider family members in conversations about education, aspirations and planning for the future. Successful projects will encourage children and their families to have conversations about different types of careers and jobs. With a budget of £160,000 we plan to fund lots of different projects across the city and are looking for two different approaches:
1. Projects that deliver activities for children and their families. For primary aged children and pupils in the early years of secondary school (Year 7 & 8). Activities could include children and their families working together on focused activities and linking skills and interests to the world of work.
2. Projects that offer technology and/or marketing solutions in Norwich that reach children and their families.
This event invites stakeholders to find out about how they can apply for this funding, understand what projects are already taking place, and feedback what types of activities they think would add most value.
This is a drop in event throughout the afternoon/early evening for providers, support organisations and other stakeholders who are keen to find out more information. Please sign up electronically and feel free to attend at any time between 3pm – 7pm.
The event aims to cover the below questions:
1. What is Norwich Opportunity Area?
2. What is the Community Innovation Fund?
3. Understanding what support is already in place in each of the target wards and any opportunities for joint working: Mile Cross, Lakenham, Catton Grove, Wensum, Crome (Pilling Park & Heartsease) and West Earlham.
4. Discussion about what you could do in one or more of these areas.
5. How to apply and further detail about the funding process.