ZC3 – Zero Carbon Commuting Conference
9th Dec 2021, 12am
ZC3 is an online conference dedicated to decarbonising the commute.
Categorised as Scope 3 emissions, commuting emissions account for 5% of the UK’s total emissions – 18 billion kg of CO2e annually. Often overlooked, commuting emissions are increasingly under the spotlight following organisations setting ambitious net zero targets. These targets cannot be met unless commuting emissions are addressed, particularly with many employers planning their return to the office.
A collection of voices from across industry, government and academia, ZC3 is an opportunity to address the challenges and solutions around travelling to and from the workplace. By supporting large employers across the public and private sector, we hope to help organisations address their Scope 3 commuter emissions challenges, improve the viability of sustainable commuting alternatives and mitigate the impacts of climate change to make happier, stress-less commutes for all.
Sessions will include:
- Discussion: Scope 3 emissions reporting should be mandatory
- Rural Mobility: Ensuring Geographic Equity
- Sustainable travel habits: Data insights into the commute and the post-pandemic recovery
Some of our guest speakers are:
- George Freeman – UK Minister for Science, Technology & Innovation
- John Siraut – Director – Economics at Jacobs
- Glenn Lyons – Mott MacDonald Professor of Future Mobility at the University of the West of England
- Greg Marsden – Professor of Transport Governance at the University of Leeds
Organiser: Mobility Ways