The Internet of Things in Rural and Coastal Communities …. So what?
The event is a fantastic opportunity to understand the opportunities for Internet of Things devices and applications from a business, economic and technology perspective. Experts will demystify, demonstrate and explain how applications and sensor devices can drive efficiencies across the many spectrums of business and RURAL life.
The event will be an opportunity to understand pragmatic solutions for creating safe, secure, efficient and effective Rural and Coastal Communities, to meet experts, share best practices, network with other organisations also interested in the opportunities and to have YOUR input into developing Smart Rural and Coastal economies of the future.
We’ll discuss a range of applications such as:
- 24/7 social care monitoring of the elderly to increase care levels whilst reducing NHS and council social care costs
- Monitoring devices and alarms in homes and buildings to reduce insurance premiums
- Monitoring roads, transport, tracking farm equipment and animals.
- Improving safety and security on beaches
- Education using data from IoT devices to engage students in real-time data analytics projects.
In Rural and Coastal communities low power wide-area networks (LPWANs) will play an essential role to connect Internet of Things (IoT) and machine-to-machine (M2M) devices. Two of our speakers will talk about the latest developments in this space.
12:00 – 13:00 – Registration, refreshments, light lunch & networking
13:00 – 13:10 – Welcome, aims and objectives – John Beer, MD Kaimai Research
13:10 – 13:25 – Smart Cities, Communities & IoT – Peter Lee/Nick Monnickendam, BSI
13:25 – 13:55 – Low power networks, devices, software and applications
– Emma Mahy, Managing Director, IoT Solutions Group (Sigfox)
– Emily Crittenden, Managing Director, SoftApps (The Things Network)
13:55 – 14:10 – Q&A with the speakers
14:10 – 14:25 – Comfort break, tea & coffee
14:25 – 14:55 – Breakout Session 1
14:55 – 15:25 – Breakout Session 2
15:25 – 15:35 – Summary of breakout sessions
15:35 – 15:50 – Next steps – delivering projects, additional themes & growing the community
16:00 – Wrap up and close.
Please book your place early as places are limited.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Free Parking is available onsite
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Contact details: John Beer: 07899756021