Pitch your business to the UK’s leading technology investors
Are you a start-up, early stage company or entrepreneur designing a more connected world? Are you looking for funding and want to pitch your idea to an elite panel of industry leaders and potential investors?
This is a unique opportunity to showcase YOUR innovative idea or product and gain valuable PR exposure to the world of investors and technology industry.
This year CW is introducing a theme to the competition, Connecting the Digital World, in order to provide particular exposure to those start-ups innovating in the field of connectivity. This broad subject encourages applications from businesses positioned across any layer of the technology stack, including silicon, middleware, operating systems, devices, software, wireless connectivity solutions and applications, and innovations that will enhance the deployment of advanced digital communication solutions across any industry, such as mobility as a service, autonomous vehicles, manufacturing 4.0 and smart cities.
In a break away from the traditional event style of sedentary presentations, 2018 will introduce a more dynamic form of investor-entrepreneur networking. The Discovering Start-Ups 2018 Final will feature an Exhibition with judges rotating between start-up pitching stations and the opportunity of 1:1 follow-ups later in the day.
The deadline for applications is Monday 13 August. Prizes include:
- Scheduled introductions to elite technology investors
- A stand in the Discovering Start-Ups Exhibition
- Professional training on how to pitch to investors during the Finalist Acceleration Workshop
- 1 year membership of CW
- Exposure in the CW Journal (both print and online) and other press
- 1 free video created by Beyond Media
More prizes will be added as 2018 sponsors are confirmed.
|Tuesday 19 June||Call for start-ups opens|
|Monday 13 August||Call for submissions closes|
|Wednesday 15 August||Finalists announced|
|Monday 3 September||Finalist Acceleration Workshop|
|Monday 17 September||2018 Discovering Start-Ups Final Exhibition at CMS. Register as an attendee here.|
Entry is extremely simple, just answer the following fundamental questions in our online form:
- Total number of employees
- Annual turnover
- Describe your market opportunity
- Describe your product/technology/service, including key USPs
- Describe your team capabilities
- Are you currently seeking investment? If so, how much?
Finalists will be assessed based on:
- Originality and creativity of vision and solution
- Technical and operational viability of the concept
- Competitive positioning
- The team’s experience, knowledge, skills and enthusiasm
- Economic and financial viability (the business strategy)