IP Crash Course!
An introduction to IP for Technology businesses – how to protect your technology (what are the different IP rights and what do they protect, what are the pros and cons), the value of IP in attracting investment, developing a successful IP strategy and how to make your IP work for you.
We’ll be aiming to :
- introduce the various rights (patents, copyright, trade marks, designs rights and rights in confidential information), what they protect and how to obtain them;
- explain how they are enforced (and cost effective enforcement strategies);
- discuss how a well thought out portfolio can help attract investors;
- explore how having a sensible IP strategy (rather than just an ad hoc approach) can add real value to a business;
- look at how an IP portfolio can drive growth and generate income.
The seminar will be delivered by IP experts Mark Pearce and Laura Goldson
Mark Pearce is a former physicist who worked as an engineer before becoming an IP lawyer. He has a particular interest in advising technology businesses on both contentious and non-contentious IP issues and in helping early stage, high growth businesses get maximum value from their IP. Laura Goldson is a former chemical oceanographer, who specialises in advising technology businesses on IP protection and agreements relating to their IP.