Introduction to Horizon Europe Webinar
11th Mar 2021, 10am - 12pm
KTN Global Alliance and Innovate UK would like to invite you to our Introduction to Horizon Europe Webinar taking place online on the 11th March 2021 from 10am to 12pm GMT.
Welcome to the next EU Framework Programme: Horizon Europe! We are pleased to present this introductory webinar so you can get prepared before the first funding calls are announced, start thinking about who you would like to collaborate and form partnerships with, and to have all the information you need in advance.
The UK aims to maintain a close relationship with European partners in the next European research and innovation Framework Programme: Horizon Europe. The programme has a projected budget of over EUR 95.5 billion, to be distributed between 2021 and 2027 and represents a significant opportunity for UK companies to access finance for research and development and innovation. It is an opportunity to form collaborations in new supply chains, for SMEs to build relationships with multinational partners, and gives a route for businesses to reach new markets, facilitating uptake of new technologies by end users and customers. The collaboration is important – it is not just about funding.
We are delighted to be joined by keynote speaker Isabel Allgeyer, Deputy Director European Programmes from the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS), and Simon Edmonds, Deputy Executive Chair and Chief Business Officer for Innovate UK who will give an overview of the UK’s strategic priorities for collaborative Research and Innovation, as well as providing an update on the UK’s current position on association and participation in Horizon Europe. We will then introduce Horizon Europe in more detail, and cover the following:
- New programme structure, including new partnerships and missions
- Support for innovators and innovative companies through the European Innovation Council
- Pillar 2: Introduction to the Clusters
- Case studies of successful applicants of the predecessor Horizon 2020
- Details of who is eligible, when and how to apply for funding.
The webinar will also offer an opportunity for delegates to learn about the support available to applicants via the National Contact Points (NCPs), Innovate UK EDGE (formerly Enterprise Europe Network – EEN) and KTN Global Alliance.
Who should attend?
This online webinar is open to UK as well as European delegates with an interest in participating in European collaborative projects in Horizon Europe.
Attendees can submit their questions for our panelists in advance via this online form.
We welcome your participation and look forward to seeing you online!
- 10:00 – Welcome | Viola Hay, KTN
- 10:05 – Keynote Address | Isabel Allgeyer, Deputy Director European Programmes, BEIS, and Simon Edmonds, Deputy Executive Chair and Chief Business Officer for Innovate UK
- 10:30 – Introduction to Horizon Europe – Stephen Alexander, National Contact Point (NCP) for Legal & Financial Issues & Anni Laihanen, National Contact Point (NCP) for Culture, Creative and Inclusive Society
- 11:30 – Q&A
- 12:00 – Close / Next steps | Viola Hay, KTN
- Anni Laihanen | National Contact Point (NCP)
- Stephen Alexander | National Contact Point (NCP)
- Viola Hay | KTN