GBx Brits by the Bay
4th Jul 2019, 12am
Experience the Silicon Valley advantage
What makes Silicon Valley unique is the concentration of capital, experience and ‘anything is possible’ attitude.
GBx’s Brits by the Bay is an opportunity to meet SV investors and experts who have disrupted global markets and
successfully scaled businesses in the US and internationally. You’ve got product market fit, you’ve built a team, you’ll now
get an unfair advantage to speed up your US expansion.
Join the Brits by the Bay program to build invaluable connections to accelerate the growth of your startup.
Over four days in fall, GBx’s Brits by the Bay will welcome a selected group of Britain’s most promising tech founders to
the Bay Area to help you break the US and build your network. The participants will receive unprecedented support from
the British community and our friends who are mentors, investors and market experts.
Join us for a program designed and hosted by the GBx Board, highlights include the British Consul General’s Reception,
the SV Playbook Summit, invite-only dinners in unique SF spaces and the exclusive GBx Gala.
By participating in Brits by the Bay, your company gains a chance to compete to be recognized in our annual GBx Award
for the Best in British Tech presented at the GBx Gala.
Join us for our biggest, black tie event with 300-strong C-suite community of British entrepreneurs, executives and
investors on Thursday, October 3.
Brits by the Bay will focus on three areas:
• Fundraising: access to investors and support while engaging with them
• Market: customized support for your target clients or partners
• Advice: support from the GBx expert community of founders, investors and senior technology executives
Prior to the trip:
• Get fully briefed to ensure you get the most from the Brits in the Bay experience
• Set specific goals for the program regarding meetings and making connections
• Review your target program with a GBx mentor.
In Silicon Valley:
• Strategic and tactical advice from peers with specific knowledge about your industry and market
• Participate in workshops and roundtables delivered by experienced Silicon Valley entrepreneurs and investors
• Form impactful connections with VCs and network with Silicon Valley executives
• Get support connecting with business development executives relevant to you
• And take advantage of media coverage and promotional opportunities.
How to qualify
• Both GBx members and non-members are eligible
• Startups headquartered in Great Britain
• Startups headquartered abroad and led by British
• Focus on scaling in the US
• Demonstrable product market fit and traction in
• Proven desire to build SV network for fundraising,
market access and/or operational expansion
The selection committee of experts will review each application and rank applicants based on market impact, industry,
funding raised, annual revenue, number of users, number of employees, and the perceived value that participation would
have for the company.
Applications open until July 4. Successful applicants will be confirmed by the end of July. To apply please fill out the form
If you have any questions about Brits by the Bay, please contact Kate Dutton I Executive Director email@example.com gbxglobal.org