East of England Innovation Conference
Business innovation is fundamental to economic prosperity. Businesses that create new products, processes and technologies become more productive, challenge existing business models, and grow quickly. The CBI works to help create the conditions that enable businesses to come up with new ideas, invest in research and development (R&D) and adopt new technologies. Most companies recognise that they need to be more innovative to meet the challenges of the future. But it is an issue that never stands still. We will therefore examine how you can move from awareness to action.
Our key themes on the agenda will be:
- The East of England has the highest level of R&D investment than any other UK region, the highest start-up rate outside of London and the highest survival rate. How can we build on this success to ensure that the East of England is the UK’s number one innovation destination?
- Build a portfolio of case studies to highlight the region’s success stories, to illustrate what is working and what more needs to be done to allow innovation to flourish here in the East of England.
- Outline the business case for digital adoption, discussing a major shift on the horizon as artificial intelligence (AI) gains momentum with 42% of companies planning to invest over the next 5 years.
- Fostering entrepreneurship through stimulating, developing and supporting innovative talent.
- Ensuring that science and innovation feature prominently in the UK’s Industrial Strategy.
Designed for senior business leaders and decision-makers, the CBI will bring together expertise from across the business and academic community, including representatives from TWI, Birketts, HSBC, Real VNC, Anglian Water, University of Hertfordshire, Tech East and more!