Digital Manufacturing on a Shoestring
24th Sep 2019, 10am
Digital Manufacturing on a Shoestring is an approach to increasing the digital capabilities of small manufacturers (SMEs) via a series of low cost solutions. The aim is to rapidly accelerate digital use in SMEs by reducing both cost and complexity of solutions by making use of off-the-shelf technologies and open source software. We do this by identifying prioritised SME needs, developing specifications around these needs, and then building solutions from off-the-shelf building blocks. The ultimate aim of Shoestring is to develop a web based digital solution design platform which can allow a solution developer or user to specify the solutions from the underlying technology building blocks to meet their specific needs.
This event will offer an introduction to the project, some of the developments from the first year and an opportunity to find out more about the future plans, anticipated outcomes and how you can get involved. This will include:
- Industrial speakers from project partners
- Shoestring Demonstrators
- Mini Workshop – Capturing Low Cost Digital Solution Priorities
- Current Low Cost Solutions Showcase
Is this event for me?
This workshop is aimed at:
- Manufacturing SMEs
- Manufacturing Trade Associations & Networks
- Low Cost Solution Providers
- Regional Business Councils
- Manufacturing Systems Research Groups
What will I get out of this event?
- Identify low cost digital options suitable for small companies
- Opportunities for involvement in the Shoestring project
- See how off-the-shelf technologies can be used in low cost solutions