27th Nov 2019, 5:30pm
The DevelopHER Awards is an annual not for profit awards ceremony recognising women who work in the technology sector in East Anglia.
In 2015 a fantastic evening in Norwich with over 150 attendees was held, having had over 130 nominations across 11 categories. In 2016 we grew on that success moving the event to Ipswich, with over 200 attendees, our final city in East Anglia, was Cambridge in 2017 with an event attracting nearly 250 attendees. Now we rotate the event round the 3 cities every year, now in our 5th year.
The awards were inspired by the team at Norwich based SyncDevelopHER, who regularly attend and speak at events promoting gender equality. In the past they have hosted events with female role models to speak about their experiences in tech and encouraging more women to join the tech industry.
The DevelopHER awards aims to raise the profile of women in technology in East Anglia, creating role models to inspire the next generation to become developers, technicians, project managers, testers and digital experts. If you and your company would like to get involved we’d love to hear from you. You can nominate a woman working in tech, sponsor a package, attend the event or volunteer and get involved.
The DevelopHER Awards 2019 will be held in the Corn Exchange (TBC) in Ipswich. The Corn Exchange is set in the heart of Ipswich. Just a short walk from Ipswich rail station and with public car parks available within a short distance, the venue is ideal for both those based in Ipswich and those coming from further afield.
Some information for those on the guest list:
– Doors open at 5:30pm. Sponsors who have a stand to set up can arrive from 5pm.
– You don’t need a physical ticket, we will have your name on the guest list.
– Dress code is black tie.
– A buffet will be provided.
– You will receive a free drink on arrival but after that drinks need to be purchased from the bar.
– The event will be finished by 11pm at the latest, if we finish earlier please don’t rush off, we’d love for you to stay and network.