Code 101: Explore Software Development
11th Apr 2022, 5:30pm
Thinking about a new career in software development? Start here! In this workshop, you’ll get a taste of a day in the life of a software developer.
Code 101 is about learning what it looks like to be a software developer through an immersive course for beginners that focuses on front-end web development technologies.
Get a taste of the Tech Educators learning experience, find out how websites are built, and code a webpage yourself using professional coding practices.
Evening Course: 5:30 – 21:30 11.4.2022 and 12.4.2022
Daytime Course: 14.4.2022 – 09:00 – 17:30
Fuel Studios, Norwich, NR2 1DX and Remote Online
At the end of this workshop, you will:
- Understand the basics of what it means to be a professional software developer.
- Understand how HTML and CSS work together to create the modern web.
- Create a complete website. Know how to deploy your website and be able to share your accomplishments with friends and family.
- Be able to identify whether a career in coding and the Tech Educators program is right for you.
The Modern Web
- How the pieces work together
- Structuring your information
- Connecting web pages
- Sharing your web site
- Integrating style sheets
- Modifying CSS styles
The Tech Industry
- A typical day for a software developer
- Common job titles
- The path to becoming a web or mobile developer
You are required to supply your own laptop, Chromebook, or iPad with a keyboard.
Punctuality, participation in discussions, completion of assignments, and demonstration of professional courtesy to others are required, in accordance with our Code of Conduct. Attendance will be taken at the beginning of the workshop. Passing requires attendance at the full workshop.
Organiser: Tech Educators