Cleantech East Conference 2018: Driving Clean Growth
Cleantech East’s first annual Cleantech Conference will be taking place on the 3rd of September 2018 at the University of East Anglia.
The Cleantech East 18: Driving Clean Growth Conference will strategically align to the UK Clean Growth Strategy, giving attendees the perfect opportunity to not only understrand the components of our national strategy for clean growth, but to discover the local companies in the East of England that are providing the cleantech solutions to grow our local low-carbon economy.
The day consists of a variety of challenge-led talks and workshopsproviding the opportunity to learn the tools and strategies needed to create new products, become more productive and think more innnovatively in order to contribute to Norfolk and Suffolk’s clean growth.
9:30 – Registration – Tea & Coffee – Exhibitors
9:50 – Simon Coward
Cleantech East Chairman and CEO
- Welcome from the chairman
10:00- 10:15 – Leading the Public sector
- How is the public sector in the East facilitating our regional clean growth?
- Fiona Lettice – UEA Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation)
- Chris Starkie – Chief Executive of New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership
- Wendy Thomson – Managing Director of Norfolk County Council
10:15- 11:15 – Enhancing the benefits and value of our natural resources
- How are we managing our natural resources and what innovations can help us reduce waste and improve resource efficiency?
- Dr Mike Brock – lecturer in microeconomics, UEA
- James Dunning – Chief Executive, Syrinix
- Gareth Roberts – Cambond
- Cynthia Adu – EngD student, Cranfield University
11:15-11:35 – Break and Networking
11:45-12:35 – Breakout workshops:
Workshop 1: Improving our Homes
- Ron Beattie – Beattie Passive
- Jon Gunn – Tufeco
Workshop 2: Local Applications of Clean Growth
- John Taylor – Suffolk Climate Change Partnership
- Charles O’Donoghue – EV Driver
- Colin Mallet – Trusted Renewables
- Jason Hawkins-Row – Aponic
12:35-1:35 – Lunch and exhibition – Drop in funding sessions for Anglia Capital Group and Enterprise Europe Network
1:40-2:40 – Breakout workshops
Workshop 3: How Green Is Your Business?
- Richard Carter – Adnams
- Peter Frost – BEE Anglia
Workshop 4: Innovate Thinking
2:50-3:50 – Delivering Smart, Clean Flexible Power
- Cornwall Insight/ Pixie Energy – speaker to be confirmed shortly
- Nuno da Fonseca – UK Power Networks
- Jason Cox – Connected Energy
- Johnathan Reynolds – Orbis Energy
More speakers to be announced
3:50-4:00 – Closing Statement from the Chairman
A Funding Opportunity drop-in session will run throughout lunch, providing busnisses and entrepreneurs the chance to ask key organisations questions about upcoming funding opportunities and get tips on pitching successfully.
- Anglia Capital Group
- Enterprise Europe Network
Please contact Imogen at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss collaboration opportunities and/or for more information.